Do you like crafts or arts?
Karori Arts & Crafts (KACC) welcomes new members. We foster artistic expression across a diverse range of arts and crafts that feature in this website. Membership is open to anyone with an interest in arts and crafts or any of our special interest groups. You do not have to be a Karori resident to join KACC, we have members from all over Wellington and the Greater Wellington Region.
- art: painting, photography, mixed media, paper crafts, collage, drawing, printmaking, calligraphy and bookmaking
- craft: quilting/patchwork, embroidery, knitting, crochet, textile art or assemblage - think about joining us
- special interest groups: walking, mah jong, garden group, antique appreciation.
KACC - Children’s Art & Craft Workshops
Mon 19th-Wed 21st December 2016
Mon 19 Dec 10am to 12.00pm
1) Minecraft vs Pokemon Workshop Suitable for 6-12yrs old Cost: $25 each inc materials
Make Minecraft or Pokemon characters from FIMO or create your own fantasy - hybrid character/s. After drawing your character with pencil, you will use plasticine to learn how to model the character that you have drawn. From that learning you can work out how to make the character in modelling clay with the help of our tutor. You can also learn how to make clay canes or marbled clay for better effects and apply Glow in the Dark clay for extra oomph to those characters.
Mon 19 Dec 1.30pm to 3.30pm
2) Adventure Board Game Workshop Suitable for all ages Cost: $20 each with games provided for the session
Join us for a fun afternoon of board games with a difference. Build train tracks across Europe, escape from a treasure island or dominate a medieval world. Tests your skills with strategy games, your courage with adventurous games and your staying power with all games!
Tues 20th Dec Session A: 10am to 12.30pm or Session B: 1.30pm to 4pm
3) & 4) Pour, drip, splatter & splotch - Action Painting Workshop Suitable for 6-12 yrs old Cost: $32 each inc materials
Make your mark with paint in all its drippy, gloopy, splotchy goodness. Inspired by Jackson Pollock, Gretchen Albrecht and other colour field and action painters, we will use expressionist techniques to create art with paint as the hero. Wear old clothes & shoes that you don’t mind getting covered in paint.
5) Wed 21st Dec 9.30am to 11.30am
Merry Felting Christmas Suitable for 7-12yrs old Cost: $20 each inc materials
Learn to sew basic stitches including bead stitches to design, make and stitch a small felt object. Children can make any of the following objects: a Christmas ornament - range of shapes like Tree, Snowman, Bauble, Candy Cane, Reindeer or Stocking. Alternatively - they could make a key ring, bag charm, brooch, hair clip, finger puppet or bookmark from felt, sequins, beads, bells, ribbons and metallic thread.
How to enroll
1. Email Margaret at: email@example.com or phone on 476-6817 to check on spaces available then
2. Pay by internet banking to Bank Account for Payments: 06 0501 0593772 00 use child's full name as reference and number of workshop. Or call Margaret and arrange a time to pay by EFTPOS at Centre, debit only no visa payments.